Yesterday was our annual Vision Day, each year we have focused ona different aspect of our overarching vision and mission. One Year, Mission Statement, Next, Purposes and Model, and this year we focused on our core values.
In case you are wondering our core values are:
- A Course of Discovery
- Creekside is a safe place to ask questions about your spiritual Journey
- A Culture of Trust
- Creekside is a place where believers can make meaningful decisions about their commitment to Jesus Christ and conforming their live to become like him.
- A Community of Love
- Creekside is a church that encourages people to build a strong relationship with God and others
In an effort to emphasize how each of these values play out in the context of our community we captured three different family stories on video and played them during the service.
Each story was an incredible display of God’s goodness in the midst of the messiness of life, and keeping with our theme that the church is the hope of the world, we saw how Jesus bride really came through for each of these families. Pretty cool.
The whole sermon audio is available here.
Here are the links to the videos
- A Course of Discovery – Roger and Jenny LaFavor
- A Culture of Trust – Dale and Jen Hylton
- A Community of Love – Chuck and Jen Hynek
All in all I felt like vision day went well this year, we had a few technical issues, but the impact wasn’t lessened by them. If you were there I’d love to hear your thoughts, leave a comment.