Wow. 9 years is a long time. It is 27% of my life so far. It’s amazing to think about the journey that God has led Creekside and my family on. When I started at Creekside as the youth pastor I really had no idea that my role would grow and change as much as it has.
Some highlights over the last 9 years.
1) moving into Mountlake Terrace
2) Watching Jordan teach himself drums using Rock Band
3) Watching Community Groups grow and become an integral part of our culture.
4) Leading different teams to Cofradia, Mexico and Roatan, Honduras and seeing how lives are impacted by love and generosity. And watching how serving changes the lives of those who serve.
5) Preaching. It’s an honor every time I get to share what God is teaching me through his word. And I love helping people get to know Jesus better.
6) Most important, watching my kids come to love Jesus more and more. It is an incredible blessing to see the impact that our kids leaders have first hand. I do what I can to help Joss and Judah know Jesus more and more but it is nice to know that I am not alone in the process.
It’s been an amazing 9 years so far and to celebrate I am going to take a bunch of people on a mission trip to Roatan.